Sunday, March 2, 2008

Chocolate Cookie Winner


Chocolate Cookie Winner, originally uploaded by kelannfuller.

I entered the cookie tasting portion in the 2008 That Takes the Cake show in Austin, Texas.

To my surprise, I placed first. It is not a very pretty cookie but the taste more than makes up for it.

To come up with the recipe, I combined a few recipes and tweaked it here or there. It is although very similar to one I tried from Martha Stewart.

If you happen to try this recipe and change something and feel it comes out better, I would love to know.

Sad to say, but in tasting the different tweaks I almost hit chocolate overload. I said almost!!

Here is the recipe I ended up with:
8 ounces semisweet or milk chocolate chips
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 ounce semisweet or milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and 8 ounces of the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Slowly. Stirring every 20 seconds. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Mix together eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Add melted chocolate. Mix in flour mixture. Stir in the rest of the chocolate chips.
Drop the dough on to baking sheet, leaving plenty of room for spread. Bake for 12 - 14 minutes, they will appear shiny. Do not bake less, they will be mushy. DO not bake more, they will be hard and icky.

Like I said it is very similar to a MS recipe, just a couple of tweaks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! They were YUMMMMMMMMMY!